Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, ECG and blood pressure normal. Taken Pariat and Somac. Ultrasound shows enlarged spleen and fatty liver. How can I fix it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Hi Can you help
I have had chest/upper abdominal pain for the past 2-3 months. I have had my heart check ECG, blood pressure, blood work its all good. I have high ferrum, ALT, CCG. Still chest pain persists. The chest pain seems be across the middle (bottom of the rib cage), it also takes in the upper abdomin (near the bottom of the sternum), under the left bottom ribs.
I have been on Pariat & Somac which gives only minor relief. Also the pain gets worst when I eat. It feels like Im so full, busting under my rib, I'm not eating much at all.
I have had a utra sound of the abdomin, they found an enlarged spleen and a fatty liver. however the doctors had said they dont believe this is what is causing the chest pain.
I am in Lima, Peru at present and have Buscopan in my medical kit which stops muscle spasm in the stomach and decided to give it a go. It has given me immediate relief, pain goes down from 8 to about a 2. However, as I understand this just reduces or counteracts acetylcholine. But why has this increased to cause the spasm.
Other info, I was on testosterone and cortisone suppliments, DHEA to manage low testosterone. I stopped this about 6 months ago as my wife and are trying to get pregnant. Whilst I was on the testosterone treatment I became infertile. Now off the testosterone my active sperm has come back, however, it is still low.

My main concern is what is happening with my chest pain and how can I fix it?


Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later


Thanks for posting your query. I have read your history and symptoms in depth.

It seems like you probably have GERD or chronic peptic ulcer disease that has been inadequately treated.

In your situation, it would be ideal to get an upper gastrointestinal Endoscopy and look for any pathology in your stomach.

Pain gets worse after eating in case of duodenal ulcer. There is also associated fullness and bloated sensation.

I would like to know if all the parameters of your lipid profile is normal or not.

You can take cyclopam; it is an effective anti-spasmodic.

Meanwhile consume plenty of fluids, eat vegetable salads and fruits more.

You should be fine soon.

Do write back for further discussion on this.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor