Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Chest discomfort, belching, no shortness of breath. Have GERD. Is this a heart problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I have a weird allmost enflamed feeling in my chest heart side top of the heart area and under neath by the rib cage lower abdominal area. This feeling comes and goes sometimes I have the feeling there for 7 -10 days roughly then it goes away, I seen a doctor in the past 11 months and he stated I had GURD and should change up my diet and add more fiber, water , less sugars , more exercise I was a light smoker and have not smoked in about 1 1/2 Now . when I crack my back or twist and stretch it seems to go away a little, also Belching seems to releive pressure of some sort. and I feel some releif . I think I could have some heart problem or something worse , I exercise 45 mins per day 5 days a week I don't have any pain when working out and I actually feel relieved when exercising or stretching, I breathe well and don't have shortness of breath
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query
I understand your concern as it gives a little scary feeling when you feel pain or discomfort in your left side of chest
Since you are doing regular exercises for 45 minutes a day for five days without ever feeling discomfort or pain almost rules out any cardiac involvement.
It seems to be due to GERD only as you always feel relived on belching.
Off and on pain on your chest area can also be due to muscular in nature as you are doing regular exercises and sometimes heavy exercises can result in muscle pulls of chest muscles.
Keep off from cigarettes and carry on with your exercises and advise regarding your diet as advised by your doctor.
If still you have some concern regarding heart problem you may consult a cardiologist who can get your ECG and TMT done.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor