Cheated. Now pregnant. How to find out paternity and conception date?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: I can tell u my story XXXXXXX 5 I cheated one time with protection but he took off for a sec n went on my tummy nothing went in me .my due date is march29 it was march 20 but my ogyn saw that the nurses made err fixed it . I didnt know my period so had 1st ultrasound aug, 15 said i was 7w5d n today im 28w every friday is a new week my ogyn said I concvied june21 to july6.Iv asked her 4 times n she said im ok its my husband but in my mind im so terrified . Pls drop postive feed back just WANT TO KNOW IF IM OK im so nerves I did a DNA test on monday n now just wait tell next week to findvout :/. Its so hard I cant sleep or eat I cry all the time im a shamed n just pray its my husband n my doctors r right. WHAT DO U THINK?

I get nerves cuz ppl talk about per cum but nothing went in me. N iv asked two other obgyn n they said they not sure its to close. Really im nerves.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 55 minutes later
Thanks for querying.

I have gone through your history in detail.

According to your first Ultrasonography report, dated 15th August, you conceived between XXXXXXX 21 to July 6 and your consulting gynecologist is very much right.

On 15th August, gestational age was 7 weeks 5 days. So LMP (Last Menstrual Period) was on 21st XXXXXXX by calculation and before that it is impossible to be pregnant.

Additional thing, for your knowledge, slight variation in above situation may occur and sometimes calculation not goes always right. It depends on protection type that is used. If he used a condom, then it has a high failure rate and nearly about 14%. Pre cum or Prostatic fluid, secreted prior to actual ejaculation, contains sperm in low concentration and sometimes causes pregnancy in lower percentage. If you used OCP or Emergency pill, then the failure rate is less than 1%. But it varies and depends on ovulation time.

It is best and widely advised to undergo DNA test for confirmation of Paternity and to clear doubt or dilemma from your mind. You wait for the test report and consult with your gynecologist regarding this.

In the mean time, do the following basic things:

-Take healthy diet & Periodic check up.
-Continue Iron/calcium supplements
-Avoid stress/tension by regular XXXXXXX breathing
-Try to be strong physically & mentally and hope for positive thing
-Adequate rest with left lateral position & maintain personal hygiene.
-Enjoy your pregnancy and take support from your husband.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish you better health and successful motherhood.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 5 hours later
So I gavve all my information n u don't think its my husband how is that I didntbknow las period but ogyn don't always need to they go by 1st ultrasound
Answered by Dr. S Patra 34 minutes later
Thanks for your follow up query.

According to your first Ultrasonography, you conceived by your husband definitely as per calculation and there is no doubt. But you have to be sure 100% of DNA test only and nothing is superior to that.
So it is better to wait for DNA test result and hope positively. Take care of your pregnancy for successful motherhood with good health.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.