Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Central obesity with heavy body on belly, hips and chest. How to deal with it? Current diet okay?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 436 Questions
Dear Dpctor,
I am 40 years of age, male, with a height of 163cms and weigh 82-83kgs. I have a heavy body on my belly, hips and chest area. Its totally a central obesity. I tried gymming for 2 years, but it didnt help. There was a 5-7 kg loss temporarily but i gained back. I am choosy in my eating habit but still it frustrates that the weight is not reducing. My current diet . 6am: 1 cup of tea with sugar in the morning, 8.15am: one bowl of mung dal khichdi (moong dal + broken wheat instead of rice). 10.30am : 1 tea 12.30pm: 2 chapattis with a sabji and butter milk, 3.30pm : 1 tea 5pm: 1 brown bread sandwich or a fruit plate 8pm: 1 bowl of khichdi with butter milk / 1 cup curd.
Request your help to cut the flab. My waist is at 43inches. 1 year back my fat % was 33. Once a week, i indulge in any XXXXXXX fried items like a samosa, a cup of icecream.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Radhika 13 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

Your weight is 82 kg and height is 163 cms, the ideal weight for your height should be around 60 to 68 kg.

You are currently on diet and still not able to lose weight. Dieting alone will not help you lose weight.

If you are doing any kind of job which requires you to sit for long hours you will require to do exercise. This is because you might be eating right but you will tend to put on weight especially due to this. In Gyms, they will teach you certain exercises which will help you reduce your central fat.

Do not sit for long hours at the desk, keep walking around and use the stairs.

If not daily at least in the weekend make it a point to exercise, jog or cycle. Do suryanamaskara atleast 25 times daily. Reduce your XXXXXXX fry intake to once in 15 days. Include more of yoghurt in your diet, avoid oil and white rice completely.

Do consult your physician to rule out other medical problems for obesity like hypothyoidism or other hormonal issues.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor