question-icon

Cause of small, red, itchy bumps on child's scarred forearm?

Posted on Mon, 10 Mar 2014
Question: My 5 year old burned (2nd degree) his hand, wrist, fingers, and part of his forearm 4 months ago and has not had any problems since our last appt at the burn center two months until now. Now he has small red itchy bumps that have popped up on the scar areas and only the scar areas. What could this be? Is this common? Is there something that we could put on it for now until we can get him in to see his doctor?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer: eczema Detailed Answer: Hello Probably he has developed scar eczema. its a common condition and can be managed easily with topical steroids. Please upload a photograph of the lesion. The picture that you uploaded doesn't clearly reveal those lesion. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and a better line of management. There is an option to upload photos on right side of query page. Please utilize it. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist