Possibility of fissure in anus
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Greetings of the day
With the symptoms of pain/Burning in peri-anal region along with bleeding i would suggest the possibility of Fissure in anus. Fissure is a small ulcer at opening of the anus. Diagnosis of this condition requires good visual examination under good light.
As the symptoms are of short duration, medical management is quite possible. Many of the individuals may have bowel movements after eating because of Gastro-colic
reflex( Any distension of stomach will cause motility of colon
promoting bowel movement).
I would suggest you to seek the help of proctologist
for further management.
In the meantime i would suggest you the following which may definitely help you.
I would suggest you the following
1. Drink plenty of water everyday:. It will help by mixing with the fiber of diet and give bulk to the stools so that they are well formed and soft.
2. High Fiber diet: Vegetable salad( 2 servings a day), Fruits especially citrus fruits.
3. Avoid Diet causing constipation: Especially those food stuffs containing refined flour like cakes, bread, biscuits, cookies
4. Hot Seitz bath: Add a handful of common table salt in a tub of lukewarm water and immerse the bottom by sitting in it. Every such session should last for 15 to 20 minutes. Two such session a day, one in the morning and one before retiring to bed at night. It would also be benificial to repeat it after every bowel movement. It will help in healing of fissure, decrease pain and relieve internal sphincter spasm
5. Local application of local anesthetic
ointment like Xylocaine
will help in relief of pain. Apply it 15- 20 minutes prior to every bowel movements and also before retiring to bed.
6. Nifedepine Ointment: Local application of it will relieve the spasm of internal sphincter and help accelerate fissure healing.
Almost all my patients have benefited from this by religiously following it and making it the part of their lifestyle especially water intake and high fiber diet.
I hope the same will help you too.
Dr T Shobha Deepak