Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Cause of fluid-filled red bumps on genitals?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2448 Questions
I think I may have herpes to embarrassed to to go to the docs maybe not herpes but I had red bumps they did not seem to have liquid in them but they were I'm a cluster and now have scabbed over I've had it for about a week and a half don't think I've had sex in about 3 months what can I do? What is it
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Red bumps on Genitals Detailed Answer: Hello, It is my pleasure to answer your query. You did not mention the location of the bumps and clusters. It would have been easy to talk. I assume it to be on private parts. The herpes infection is a sexually transmitted infection which start as small blisters that eventually break open and it is a painful sores that scab and heal within a few weeks. The blisters and sores are commonly accompanied by flu-like symptoms fever, pain and enlarged lymph node. Do you have them? It is obvious to fear when someone gets bumps on penis or anywhere around genital areas but not every bumps are sexually transmitted, in fact most of the bumps around penis are harmless. As you have not indulged in any type of sex in last three months i don't think you are having any STI (sexually transmitted infection). STIs of any kind will have some symptom like pain, itching, burning or discharge.Your lesion doesn't look like any of the STIs. Early management is very important in undefined context. Since there is less chance of STI and you should not be embarrassed to visit a doctor now. I hope this answer will remove any anxiety associated with your bumps and take next step. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Cause of fluid-filled red bumps on genitals? 53 minutes later
The bumps were in a cluster below the head of the penis the we're bumps for the first few days now they turned to one bag scab I have had a bump a while ago right on the side of the head probably about 6 or 7 months ago I don't think it was after having sex or I would have immediately thought it was a std I just want it to go away for good!! Any over the counter medicine that I can get?
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Red Bumps on Genitals Detailed Answer: Hello, It is my proud privilege to answer your followup query, I had gone through your history and understand your concern. You can use over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream,and this should be applied twice a day for a week and if the condition is improving nothing is required, if the symptoms are not improving, you may require physical examination to find out the exact cause of the bumps over the genital. As you are a young adult don't ignore this, make an appointment to see a dermatologist in case the bumps doesn't go away. I can prescribe other oral medicines, but it requires prescription for getting those medicines. I wish you speedy recovery, If you have got any other query feel free to post me. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor