• question-icon

Cause and treatment for pyogenic granuloma

Posted on Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I got this dot it has been bleeding for one and a half week now after i take a shower or if i scatch it it is right on my nose. Should i be concern?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of pyogenic granuloma Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic. I am Dr. kakkar. I have gone through your concern and I have understood it. I would keep a possibility of pyogenic granuloma, which is a vascular lesion appears as an overgrowth of tissue due to irritation, physical trauma or hormonal factors etc. Size ranges from a few millimeters to centimeters. They bleed on the slightest trauma or manipulation. Treatment is with simple cauterization. Since the very reason of pyogenic granuloma in your case could be the physical trauma of scratching, therefore avoiding it to scratch for a few days may be just about enough to cure it. You can use a topical antibiotic cream e.g 2% mupirocin can be used twice daily locally over the lesion. If it still does nt resolve you could go in for cauterization. regards take care
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist