Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Cause and treatment for irritable bowel syndrome

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6481 Questions
Dear Sir , I am XXXX, Male, 38 Years. I am having issue with my bowl .Disorder and bulging of stoamch due to gas.My Bowl is irregular and it smelly, pasty .this is mostly hapenning ever since I have relocated to Mumbai for last one and half year. Eralier the issue was manageable and its recurrant now.. Every day I feel heavy on my stoamch and it get bulged due to gas ..Bowl comes pasty and irritation on stomach . I have visited doctor today and he said it may be irrtibale bowl syndrome ..I think he is in haste also he gave medicine likke Rekool-L for 6 weeks and Adiza..shall I go ahead with this??
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Symptoms are typical of irritable bowel syndrome. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM Your symptoms are typical of irritable bowel syndrome(IBS). Your doctor has prescribed right medicines but probably he didn't counsel you well. You need few investigations to exclude other causes.Investigations include stool examination (routine and microscopic) LFT(Liver function test),ultrasound of abdomen,upper GI endoscopy.Further investigations can be done if needed. Irritable bowel syndrome is a disease associated with large intestine and exact etiology is not known. There is no specific treatment of this disease. It can be controlled by altering diet pattern,psychological therapy and medicines. For gas problem Rekool-L and and Adiza is very good.You should continue it. You should avoid hot and spicy food. You should take plenty of fibres in your diet in the form of salad etc. You should do regular exercise and if there is any stress factor,try to reduce it. You can also take tablet loperamide SOS. You should avoid cold drinks and high gas forming vegetables like cabbage and cauliflower. You may need psychological counselling if needed. You should take anti hypertensives regularly. Get well soon. Hope I have answered your question. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor