Cauda equina syndrome after gallbladder removal. On ultram. Feeling nauseous and pain. Any ideas?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: hi i am suffering a lot after gallbladder removal. I have cuada equina syndrome as well. My liver count is raised. i am constanlty sick. the only medication I take is ultram. my face begins to break it out and i start to feel really nasueas and pain. I have been hospitilized twice. what do u think?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The gall bladder removal is often associated with raised liver enzymes, nausea and difficulty in proper digestion. Post operatively, electrolyte imbalance and fluid disturbance is also more common causing the symptoms like hot flushes.
Let me reassure you that I am confident things will be fine in the coming days for you. Your body went through a major surgery and now is in the process of organizing the healing process.
For you I recommend that you focus on rest, good balanced diet and hydration and mentally focusing via meditation or some form of relaxation as the mind-body connection is powerful.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.