Carotid artery disease, on BP medication, heart racing, distended abdomen, nausea. Treatment ?
From the information you submitted it looks like a few possibilities may be at play here. My first consideration is that your symptoms of disturbed sleep with swelling and such may be due to a hormonal imbalance or hormonal fluctuation. This correlates with your age and a good way to measure that may be through checking hormone levels including thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, luteneizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone. The tests needs to be done on the 3rd day of menstrual cycle. This may shed some light on things and possibly may provide a target for therapy with a medication. You may get these test done under the guidance of your primary care provider.
We don't advocate hormone therapy anymore due to an association with elevated risk of breast cancer. Sometimes, however, i may help a patient use either a very low dose estrogen supplement or an herbal alternative such as black cohosh.
Now - the abdominal issues - likely not related to hormones. It sounds more likely to be related to possible irritable bowel. This is a syndrome where patients may experience cramps, bloating and fluctuations in weight. A careful review of your diet may help so you can identify foods which trigger the symptoms. Also a consult with a dietician may be helpful. If you haven't had a colonoscopy or upper endoscopy that would be a strong consideration as well. All of these may help us get to the bottom of what is going on so that solutions may be suggested.
You are mildly overweight, bit not bad. I would consider working on weight optimization with diet and exercise as well. A dietician may be able to help you with that as well.
I thank you again for submitting your query. I hope you found my response to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Marijuana and carotid artery disease
- Diagnosis of carotid artery disease
- Treatment and cure for carotid artery disease
- Symptoms of carotid artery disease
- Ayurveda carotid artery disease
- Treatment for carotid artery disease
- Drugs/medication for carotid artery disease
- Carotid artery disease causes
- What are the symptoms of carotid artery disease?
- Smoking and carotid artery disease
- What does "biapical pleural thickening through the lung apices" in CT...
- Muscle mass, lack of facial hair, male breasts, testosterone, hormonal...
- Bells palsy, minor trauma, medication, platelet function, bleeding, bruises
- Eye weakness, viral infection, nerve weakness in eye, bells palsy
- No period for 9 months, high prolactin levels, microandenoma,...
- Is pregnancy possible with inconsistent pregnancy test results and heavy...
- Can Plan B cause spotting and blood clots in urine ?
- Salt in Chinese food, tachycardia, pulse rate 150, BP under control
- How can genetically obtained dry skin be treated ?
- Diabetes, high BP, renal failure, serum creatinine high, loss of...