Cardiac muscles weak.

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2019 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Cardiac muscles weak.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through all the reports attached by you I would like to tell you that there are significant changes in ecg which are suggestive of cardiac event like MI that probably has happened before, the echo report is showing significantly reduced pumping capacity of the heart at around 25%. Other blood reports are roughly near normal.

Yes the cardiac muscles have gone weak and the patient has to take medicines throughout. Stopping medication or irregular intake of medicine will raise complications.

Also fluid intake has to be limited to a maximum of 1.5 ltrs per day along with restricted salt intake.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 2 hours later
Thank you so much sir.

Can you please elaborate a bit in layman terms, the sentences including word MI. As per my Doc, he also said the same as the efficiency of pumping is decreased.
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
It means that the patient had a heart attack in the past due to which the muscles of the heart has gone weak thereby the overall pumping capacity of it has reduced.

I hope this information will answer your query.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D