Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Cannot use klion. Any alternate medicine to get rid of vaginal infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 828 Questions
Since I cannot use klion ,what else I can use to get rid of the infection.
Please advise on medical history
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 8 hours later

Thanks for the query,

First of all I would like to congratulate you for your baby. Small collection of fluid in 'POD' and incision site is not concerning. You need not worry.

For yeast infection (candidiasis), clotrimazole vaginal pessaries is the treatment of choice and not Klion (metronidazole). You may discuss with your treating doctor for a prescription.

In addition, I also recommend you to
1. Get a swab test done to confirm the diagnosis. Treatment depends on the type of infection.
2. Maintain personal hygiene.
3. Avoid oral drugs as far as possible since almost all the drugs are secreted in milk.
4. Take iron and calcium supplements.
5. Have balanced and nutritious food.
6. Start post partum exercise only after 6 weeks.

Hope I have answered all your queries. You may write to me anytime for further clarifications.

Regards and get well soon,
Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Cannot use klion. Any alternate medicine to get rid of vaginal infection? 44 hours later
What progress the body makes after six weeks of a c section , the abdominal muscles, that the doctors gives you the ok to resume activity
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 3 hours later

Thanks for the response.

Body takes 6 weeks to get back to its pre-pregnancy state after a cesarean section.
And after normal delivery, body takes just 2 weeks to get back to normal.

So I recommend you to wait for 6 weeks before to start abdominal muscle exercises.

My best wishes and early recovery.

Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor