Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Cannot control bladder pressure. Have high blood pressure. Any treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6247 Questions
I am a 67 year old woman, who works in a nursing home, and I am tired all the time, but cannot sleep at night sometimes. Do you have any ideas how to solve the problem and why am I tired even though I may have a good night sleep? I would like to know why I can't control my bladder and have to wear pads? How do you know when your kidneys are not working good? I have high blood pressure and PAD. Thank you, XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 minutes later
Hello Madam,

I would try to answer your queries one by one.

First of all let me address problem of tiredness and lack of sleep.

Although it is quiet common that as age progresses, the quality of sleep is reduced but the tiredness can be due to anaemia, which is again common in old age. So please get your haemoglobin checked soon.

Next regarding not able to control urine. In my view you are suffering from a disorder called as urinary incontinence, which is due to urinary sphincter weakness. There are different types like stress incontinence, overflow incontinence etc. We need to find the type to treat better. For this you must XXXXXXX a gynaecologist for a thorough check up.

Last about kidney involvement. The kidneys keep working till the end. That is, for an obvious symptom to be apparent the kidney need to be damaged more than 50 %. So an yearly ultra sound examination is a good way to detect early kidney problems. The Gynecologist will be able to make preliminary investigation to refer you to concerned specialist.

Hope I answered your query.

Feel free to ask, if you have any further doubts.

Wishing you good health.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor