Can you take Clopidogrel and Atorvastatin together?

Cardiologist
Question
Is there any known relation between Clopidogrel or Atorvastatin and a marked drop in ventricular
heart rate?
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows :

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that there isn't any known relationship between any of the two drugs (Clopidogrel or Atorvastatin) and a clinically relevant bradycardia (low heart rate). Their pharmacological effects do not interfere with heart rate (no chronotropic properties).

Coming to this point, if abvious bradycardia is present first the betablocker (if any) dosage should be reviewed in addition of performin a resting ECG and if necessary also a Holter monitoring test to review heart rate and rhythm trends over 24 hours.

Furthermore several lab tests such as:

- fasting blood glucose level,
- thyroid hormones level,
- blood electrolytes level,
- renal function tests

should be checked.

You have to discuss with your attending physician on the above mentioned issues.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

In case of any further questions, feel free to ask me again.

Kind regatds,

Dr. Iliri