Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

128 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Can you please provide me your opinion if I need

Answered by
Dr. Rakhi Tayal


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 13426 Questions

Posted on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 in Pregnancy
Question: Can you please provide me your opinion if I need to get a Biopsy done for my condition.
The doctor's note is enclosed herewith.
In addition, I would like to inform you that I suffer from Polycystic Ovaries.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to have an endometrial biopsy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the attached report. Your endometrial thickness is 19 mm that too when your period has lasted till a day before the ultrasound scan was done. After the menstrual bleeding the normal endometrium is nearly 3-5mm thick. Since the endometrial thickness is increased and it is heterogenous in appearance it is best to go with endometrial biopsy to rule out any endometrial malignancy or the presence of a polyp.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on