Can you please provide me your opinion if I need

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 in Pregnancy
Question: Can you please provide me your opinion if I need to get a Biopsy done for my condition.
The doctor's note is enclosed herewith.
In addition, I would like to inform you that I suffer from Polycystic Ovaries.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to have an endometrial biopsy.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached report. Your endometrial thickness is 19 mm that too when your period has lasted till a day before the ultrasound scan was done. After the menstrual bleeding the normal endometrium is nearly 3-5mm thick. Since the endometrial thickness is increased and it is heterogenous in appearance it is best to go with endometrial biopsy to rule out any endometrial malignancy or the presence of a polyp.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng