Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Can you help in reading the EKG report?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12746 Questions
Hi, I just received an EKG by mail and I'm instructed to review it with a cardiologist. I'm hoping I can do this online.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the EKG report attached with this query. You have a sinus bradycardia with inferior Q waves. These findings are indicative of right coronary artery occlusion with may be an old infarction.
I would suggest get yourself examined by a Cardiologist and get a master health check up done if it has been more than 6 months. Further investigations like Echocardiography, Holter monitor and angiography are needed for exact diagnosis. Clinical correlation with the signs and symptoms is also necessary to initiate a proper treatment.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor