Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Can you explain my ultra sound report?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6481 Questions
Hi my name is XXXXXXX If I copy and paste my ultrasound report on here do you think you could possibly try to explain it to me? I'd really appreciate it. I've seen 3 gyn's in three weeks and they all have given me different answers on what's going on with me and the report findings...
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Cysts may be due to endometrial hyperplasia. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM According to USG reports, Endometrial thickness is increased and it measures 18 mm.It also shows small cystic changes in the endometrium.It may be due to cystic hyperplasia of the endometrium.For confirmation,Biopsy of the endometrium is needed.Beside this,it should be clinically correlated and also need hormone assay. Your radiologist has rightly suggested for hysterosonogram. In hysterosonogram,USG is done after infusion of saline within the uterus and it uses different probe.This gives clear picture of the uterus. Other findings like size of the uterus is normal. Both ovaries are also normal. There is normal blood supply in both ovaries. There is minimal free fluid. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can you explain my ultra sound report? 7 hours later
Thank u so much! I have been googling a lot and that's what I thought too based on the report! And symptoms, lol. Thx again I really value ur medical advice. And will tell my new gyn this.
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: You should consult your gynecologist. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing back Thanks for your comments. You don't have serious illness. You should consult your gynecologist for further treatment plan. Get well soon. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor