Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Can white bumps between pubic hair and outer labia be symptoms of genital warts?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

HIV AIDS Specialist
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 2715 Questions
I am very concerned these could be genital warts. I have these white bumps up in between my pubic hair line and outter part of labia. If I remember right I Might have had these before I became sexually active but I'm not for certain. I've been with five guys in my life and each time we would tlk bout whether we have been tested for STDs they all claimed to have been clean, however, you can't always believe what alot of ppl say these days. Now the bumps don't hurt, sting or itch when I touch them nor do they grow in size also when I stretch the skin it almost looks like the bumps are underneath the skin. What are my chances of these being genital warts or something else like fordyce spots or something else. Oh and my pap smear back in may was negative.
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Notest for warts.Hairfolliculitis,Fordyce possible Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. Genital wart has no serological tests in an ordinary laboratory. It needs special test in an exclusive virology lab to test for the same. So the 5 guys you had sex with, likely to have tiny invisible warts in spite of their blood report reveal anything like this. But the site described by you (in between pubic hair and labia) is not so common to have genital warts. Rarely can occur. Hair folliculitis is common in that site. If you are able to send the pictures by uploading in this site I may be able to tell more about your condition. Fordyce possibility is also there. Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor