Can whistling while exhaling and excess phlegm indicate chronic bronchitis?
please do the following tests
Hello and thank you for asking in HCM
Yes i can understand your concern
If you were my patient for evaluating the lungs for chronic bronchitis there are some tests which need to be done such as: a chest X Ray and a Spirometry with bronchodilatators. If they have sings of bronchitis probably mucolitics and nebulizer with bronchodilatators might be added in your current treatment (like budesonide twice ).For sinusitis a chest of sinuses give the info if it is present or not.
However a gastric reflux may be another cause and in such case Omeprazol twice orally helps.
You can discuss with your doctor for the above or if you do the above you can attach me the results and i will try to help you again.
Regards and feel free to ask me again
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chronic bronchitis peppermint tea
- Is chronic bronchitis always copd
- Chronic bronchitis and deviated septum
- Chronic bronchitis and alcohol
- Multiple sclerosis and chronic bronchitis
- What is chronic bronchitis symptoms
- Lyme disease and chronic bronchitis
- Chronic bronchitis treatment
- Ekg results for chronic bronchitis
- Chronic bronchitis excess saliva
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?