Can vitix gel and protopic be used in the same day for vitiligo?

Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib

Posted on Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Question: Hi Dr,

My son (4 years old) has two spots of vitiligo for the last one month. We have been using Vitix gel (Crawford Healthcare) but someone has told us that Protopic is also good. Can both of these be used in the same day or should these be used alternatively? Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
HI
Thanks for the query

The vitix is very good and safe drug for vitiligo and other drugs can be used along with but protopic is a drug not used for vitiligo but it is used for eczema. it has severe side effects and have no role in vitiligo. Also it is not recommended to use in children under 13 years of age along with its use no other drugs can be used as it make the skin hypersensitive. so it is recommended not to use protopic and use only vitix.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask

Thanks