Can vertigo be from inner ear or eye sights problems?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: can vertigo be from eyesights,too or just inner ear problems?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vertigo can be from inner ear and brain

Detailed Answer:

I have not heard of vertigo because of eye sights alone. They may be rare. We generally evaluate vertigo because of inner ear and middle ear, the vestibular nerve that connect this with brain. The brain problems can result in vertigo too and are called central vertigo.

If you have any more queries please reply me else you may close the discussion.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 days later
so what should I do?... I have trouble with walking and balance....
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely neurological

Detailed Answer:
You need evaluation from the primary care doctor first. At the same time there are wonderful medications like cinnarazine and betahistine which can help you live better quality of life without problems that you have now. The doctor can prescribe them to you. Since these are only symptomatic and traditionally doctors would like to know the root cause of vertigo we need to investigate further.

The main stay of treatment would be undertaken after the reasons are known.