Can vasectomy cause thicker ejaculation with less volume and weaker erections?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I had a vascetomy on 12/15/2017. Was a no scalpel procedure. Since than i have had sex 4 times and have notice my ejaculation is thicker an alot less volume, also not as intense. Errection not as hard. Is this part of the recovery process or not nromal?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is normal for volume of ejaculate to be less and thick after Vasectomy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

You have noticed your semen to be thick and less in volume after Vasectomy being done 2 weeks ago.

It is mostly due to inflammation f Vas and seminal vesicles in addition to loss of sperms volume which constitute 10 % volume of the semen .

Ideally one is supposed to practice safe sex for 4-6 weeks after vasectomy by using condom as there is a risk of residual sperms being present in Ampula of water and adhered to wall of Vas Difference which may result in to conception .

Practice safe and protected sex .

There is nothing to be worried about volume and thickness of semen .It will resume to normal within six weeks .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Brief Answer:
Do not worry let the nature take its own time

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Do not worry .Problem will gradually get resolved over a period of time .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 23 minutes later
ok thank you. so since i am not at 6 weeks i suppose any differences such as soreness, ejaculation ect i should be patient for improvements