Can urine infection and kidney pain be related?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I have been suffering from a bacterial infection for 2 years. I am feeling back/kidney pain and ovarian pain I am concerned that something is going on with my kidneys
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Firstly,ultrasound of abdomen should be done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

As you have recurrent infection,there must be some source of infection.
You need proper clinical examination and investigations.
Investigations include routine hemogram,Random blood sugar,Liver function test,Renal function test,Urine RE/ME,Ultrasound of abdomen.
Further investigations like CT can of abdomen can be done if needed.

Ultrasound of abdomen is very important in screening.It will screen any ovarian or abdominal pathology.

For bloating,i suggest may patients to take tablet pantoprazole 40 mg half hour before food for six weeks.

Proper treatment depend upon findings.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D