Can urinary tract infections cause burning sensations at the tip of the penis?
It could be urinary tract infection or minor stones
The symptoms you have mentioned suggestive of urinary tract infection or minor stones(calculi) in your urinary tract.
Another possibility is enlarged prostate gland if you are older than fifty years of age.
No need to worry as of now. Consult a general practitioner and get the following things done.
1. Urine routine examination to rule out infection or blood in urine.
2. An ultrasound scan to look for any stones.
As of now drink plenty of water. A short course of antibiotics for five to seven days can be tried as advised by your GP.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Urinary tract infection penis red
- Urinary tract infection sensation of movement stomach
- Nuvaring cause of urinary tract infection
- Urinary tract infection causes confusion
- Causes of urinary tract infection
- Will clarithromycin cause a urinary tract infection
- What causes urinary tract infections
- Mirena causes urinary tract infection
- Mdma causes urinary tract infection
- Male urinary tract infections causes