Can the virus used in the MMR vaccine administered to child makes the mother ill?

Dr. Guru

Posted on Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Infections
Question: Can the live virus used in the MMR vaccine administered to a 12 month old baby make ill the mother if she does not have immunity to one of these viruses and has lupus?
Answered by Dr. Guru 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: No, it does not. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! No, it does not. Measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine (MMR) viruses administered to a 12 month old baby does not pose a risk to you or any household member. It usually cannot make you sick even if you have Lupus. Hope I have answered your query. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!