Can the use of an SSRI cause edema in feet?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: Can the use of an SSRI cause edema in both feet, ankles and a bit up the calf ? I note the rare occurence of edema cited in the Zoloft package insert.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 minutes later
HI,

This is possible but not common. Have you experienced this? Can you upload an image of your ankles for review?

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Thank you for your immediate reply. I am in fact experiencing this edema. It's accompanied by a slight numbness and a feeling of "walking on sponges".
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 46 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is minor and requires no specific treatment.

Detailed Answer:

This is a minor observation and requires no treatment. Observe only and keep me posted for further insights and suggestions if something else comes up.

I wish you well and hope to hear from you again.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 33 minutes later
Thank you !
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:

You are welcome and do keep me updated.