Can the pill cause stomach ache?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Question: can the pill cause stomach ache
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 7 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Yes, pill can cause stomach ache. Because of increased acid secretion or gastric irritation. It is a common side effect seen in women taking pills.

You can take pantoprazole group of anti acidic agent to decrease the acidity. It will definitely give relief.

If pain increases, you can consult with your treating doctor for clinical examination to rule out any other possibilities.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 2 minutes later
ok thankyou so i dont need to worry and the best thing to would be buscopan or paractomel i have been using a heat pad and im only on the 2nd strip of the pill as started it last night so the abdomal pain is caused by the pill
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 9 minutes later
Thank you for writing back.

So, you are using buscopan or paracetamol. Those can also lead to this type of stomach ache. You must have to take the pantoprazole group of drug immediately. Take it in empty stomach for a minimum period of 15 days.

One more point is to avoid the paracetamol or buscopan as much as you can.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 1 minute later
oh ok where do i get pantoprazole from
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 16 minutes later
Thank you for writing back.

You can take any one of pantoprazole / omeprazole / lansoprazole / esomeprazole / rabeprazole .

You can find it in pharmacy.

Regards.