Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Can the discomfort due to pain of the blood vessel bon the foot be reduced?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 243 Questions
Hi I have a popped out blood vessel or vein in the arch of my foot I cannot walk on it due to pain. Is there something I can do to relieve the discomfort?
Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 29 minutes later
Hi Belle,

Thanks for the query.

Before suggesting you, I would like to know a few things:

1.Are you bleeding?
2.Is there any discolouration of skin in the foot?

If not, it could possibly be PLANTAR FASCITIS. It is the stretching of connective tissue of foot, which leads to intense pain.

As the diagnosis is uncertain, It would be better to get examined by an Orthopaedician.

Meanwhile following these measures would help you:
1.Keep you affected foot in cold water. This will relieve your pain.
2.Take Analgesics which are available over the counter.
3.Wear soft sole footwear.
4.Follow exercises to strengthen your foot muscles.

Hope this answers your query, In case of any doubts I am available for the follow ups.

Wish you a good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can the discomfort due to pain of the blood vessel bon the foot be reduced? 19 hours later
There is no bleeding but there is swelling and some discoloration and a bump that feels like a blood vessel popped out. I have had plantar facsitis in my heel; this does not feel like that. it is in the arch of my foot about 1 inch in diameter.
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 13 hours later
Hi Belle,

Thanks for writing back to me.

If you feel it is hard, around 1 cm in diameter and the part that is touching the ground is turning black it could probably be a corn.

Excessive pressure is considered as the main cause behind development of corns. Such pressure may be resulted from ill-fitting shoes or high heels etc

Corns are best treated by first eliminating the cause of the pressure.
1. Wear comfortable shoes.
2. Adjust your walking style.

Over-the-counter preparations are available. These include padding (to reduce the friction on the area), ointments and medicated pads (to soften and making them easier to remove and reduce the pain)

Surgery is performed in rare cases, when treatment by the above method fails.

Hope I have answered your query. Wish you speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor