Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Can the bump on libia majora be due to clogged hair follicles? Can a gardasil vaccine be of sufficient help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
I found a small bump on my labia majora. Its the size of the tip of a pen and skin colored maybe a cm long. The rounded shape is uniform. It doesn't hurt and appears to have no fluid inside it bc i tried to pop it. It almost looks like just raised skin. I get sebaceous cysts a lot but this is a tiny tiny smooth painless bump. I had popped what looked like a clogged hair follicle around there a day or so before the bump showed up and white stuff came out. I had the gardasil vaccine a little over 3 years ago and have had the same boyfriend for 2 1/2 years and he was only my 2nd and I have never been unfaithful and I know he hasn't either. I have always had normal paps as well and get STD tests every time I go for my yearly. I am just worried about what this could be.
Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 22 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
What yo seem to have is folliculitis which has already been drained by
you.You mentioned that you popped a cloffed hair follicle /sebaceous cyst a
day ago.After that some white pus came out.Well now you just have the
remnant of that cyst left behind.There us nothing much that you need to do
at this point.Good hygiene is very important.Frequent shaving of pubic hair
can cause folliculitis again and again.After shaving try to use some
antiseptic cream locally.In case,you didnt pop out the cyst properly,there
is a chance of recurrance.In such a case,you may need a course of
Right now,i dont think you need any active intervention.If the cyst
recurs,or get pus discharge or pain then you should see a doctor and get a
course of antibiotics for 5-7 days.If there is any change in size,texture of
the bump ,itching,discharge etc then you also need to be examined to rule
out possible stds.

I hope that your doubts were cleared.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place. Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor