Can the appearance of a scar on the forehead post injury be reduced?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
forehead scar

I MET WITH A MOTOR BIKE ACCIDENT 2 YEARS AGO WHICH RESULTED IN A FOREHEAD SCAR???...IS THERE ANY ALTERNATE TREATMENT AVAILABLE TO REDUCE ITS APPEARANCE TO MINIMUM???...I AM ALREADY USING SILICONE SHEETS AT NIGHT...I HAVE ATTACHED A PICTURE FOR YOUR REFERENCE...
Thu, 24 May 2018 in Sun Burn

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
you may use Tretinoin cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for asking.

I'm Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.

It seems like a depigmented scar.
You may use a tretinoin cream once every night... Tretinoin causes scar remodeling and gradually reduces the appearance of the scar.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Can the appearance of a scar on the forehead post injury be reduced? 9 hours later
but the scar is like a tissue.how to break down the tissue ???its somewhat hypertrophic i guess.will it fade away with time???

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding raised scar

Detailed Answer:

Intralesional injections of triamcinolone acetonide 40mg/ml would help flattens raised hypertrophic scar.

Besides this, Tretinoin cream would also help by remodeling of the scar and improving its overall cosmetic appearance. Even though a scar is like cement between bricks and therefore it not possible to completely erase a scar.