Can teething cause diarrhea in infants?
Do stool test
Thanks for writing to us.
Usually after an episode of diarrhoea there will be some amount of lactase deficiency.
This is because of the infection which causes damage to absorption surface of intestine. This results in acid passing out and damaging the skin.
This can be confirmed by doing stool for reducing substances.
If positive you need to give lactose free formula like isomil.
Continue rash ointment. Keep the area dry. Avoid diapers.
If everything is normal and still rash persists you need to confirm with your doctor again if the rash has fungal or bacterial infection which can be treated accordingly.
Wishing your child good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Very foul smelling diarrhea and teething
- Infant sweet smelling diarrhea
- Lactogen can cause greenish diarrhea in infants
- Can teeth extraction cause diarrhea
- Teething cause sulfur breath and diarrhea
- Diarrhea causes
- Infant has stringy diarrhea
- Yellow diarrhea acidic smell teething
- Yellow stringy diarrhea in infants
- Infant diarrhea stringy sticky