Can tampon cause small bumps on labia?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 30 Jul 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I am on bc and I skipped my sugar pills last week and started a new pack. I still had very light bleeding so I continued to use tampons, however, it was very dry and kind of uncomfortable. On Monday, I noticed bleeding from my labia minor and a little itching like a yeast infection. I have been lightly bleeding from my labia for 4 days with small bumps that almost look like enlarged tastebuds. There is no other discharge or smell associated with it and the bumps do not hurt to touch. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow but I'm freaking out.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Simple friction

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health Care magic.
It seems like you have developed a rash due to friction with dry tampon.
It will go by itself but take care of the following points -
- wear a cotton based underwear
- protected sex with lubricant jelly if you are comfortable
- use vWash liquid after bath to wash your perineal area specially labia minora
But in case the rash increases in severity or there occurs itching or pain then you will need a local antibiotic application.
Visit your gynecologist as scheduled and in case you need any clarification, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Manisha