Can taking Lactulose during pregnancy cause diarrhea and flatulence?

OBGYN
Question
I have been a little constipated, but i am also 25 weeks pregnant. Up until yesterday i have had blood when i wipe after a BM, also in or on my stools, I’ve been told by my gp that i have internal haemorrhoids. They aren’t causing me any pain at all. Not even when i to go to the toilet. But the blood has been freaking me out.Its been going on for around 6 weeks now. She has now referred me to a specialist to be on the safe side.
Since then i have been taking lactulose (for 3 days now) since then, i haven’t had any blood really at all which is great. But it did give me a little diarrhoea yesterday. Also a lot of wind. My latest symptom is this morning i needed a BM and went to the toilet only to find a fair amount of mucus (not bloody) but a little brown and clear. i needed to wipe before i used the toilet. What could this be?
I do suffer a little with health anxiety and I’m feeling really paranoid that all these symptoms combined are something sinister . Any advice? Many thanks K
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Soumya 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Haemorrhoids

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

This has nothing to do with your anxiety. Internal haemorrhoids are common during pregnancy due to increase in the abdominal pressure due to increasing growth of uterus.

Continue lactulose as per doctor's advice. Take it on alternate days to prevent diarrhea.

This condition generally resolves after birth of baby.

Follow-up: Can taking Lactulose during pregnancy cause diarrhea and flatulence? 59 minutes later
could all these symptoms be caused just by haemorrhoids, even the mucus leak this morning?

Answered by Dr. Soumya 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:

You are right. All these are due to haemorrhoids.