Can taking Hydralazine in the evening cause low BP?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I take carvidalol when my morning blood pressure nexceeds 130 and hydralazine whenever it ntops 150,as it often does, going as high as 165. I take carvidalol at brfdtime, regardless. I am afraid to ytake the hydra after about 6 in the evening for fear of going too low while asleep. IL have diabetes and take insulin 4 or more times daily. I am 85 years old.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that taking into consideration your age group if your blood pressure is maintained at or around 140/90mmhg then it will be a good control and there is no need to over do things.

Also along with the medicines you need to take care of your diet as well as physical activity. Keep the amount of salt less in your diet and you will be fine.

Please Feel Free To Ask If You have any more doubts.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad