Can switch Ciproxin to Keflex for cellulitis in foot?

General Surgeon
Question
Hello I am on Ciproxin 500 mg & Dalacin C for cellulitis in my foot I have been taking it for 4 days well to day is the 4th it looks like its helping a bit but I am wondering if Keflex would be a better choice with the cipro??
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
see below answer

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

Efficiency of ciproxin and keflex for cellulitis are to some extent similar only. There won't be gross change in the effect and response.

Since your cellulitis is responding to ciproxin and dalacin then no need to worry. Antibiotics are changed only if the cellulitis is not reducing or increasing inspite of being on antibiotic.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil