Can sudden change in thyroid level affect PSA level?

Dr. Shehzad Topiwala

Endocrinologist

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Can sudden change in thyroid level over one or two months (due to pharmacy providing levoxyl of 1/3 required strength) affect measured p.s.a. level during this period of time?
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
There is no published report in medical literature, to the best of my knowledge, that taking an inadvertent lower dose of levoxyl with consequent changes in blood thyroid hormone levels for a period of 1 to 2 months, will impact the measured PSA level

In general, there is no known direct correlation between thyroid and prostate