Can stretching help in treating a strained muscle in lower back?
Wait for the pain to subside. Apply hot compress.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
It seems that you have strained a muscle and it might not be a good idea to stretch it. However, a clinical examination is needed to confirm. Application of hot compress should provide relief.
Unlikely to be a cracked rib
Thanks for writing back. The strain is unlikely to be severe enough to crack a rib. What I am saying is about the possibility of the muscle getting pulled or strained. If that is the case, improper stretch may worsen the problem.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower back strain recovery
- Stretch marks lower back
- Lower back injury muscles
- Diagnosis of strained lower back
- Suggest treatment for muscle strain in neck and lower back
- Strained lower back causes
- Mid back muscle strain
- How can pulled muscle in lower back be treated
- Symptoms of strained lower back
- How to treat back pain due to muscle strain