Can stress cause sore throat in an elderly woman?
Stress may cause sore throat but very unlikely.
welcome to HCM.
Sore throat could be because of stress but it is very unlikely and we should first rule out chances of having viral infection or allergy.
When there is stress then there is more of gastric reflux (means reflux of food contents from stomach in the food pipe) which cause inflammation of pharynx or epiglottis or vocal cords and there by can cause sore throat.
So,please let me know if you have any reflux problem or heartburn.
Also let me know about your lab works or if possible then please share with me.I would like to discuss it further and will guide you accordingly.
Hope this helps.
Not contagious possibly.
Thanks for the reply.
Since you do not have fever with normal lab works, then it mostly rules out chances of any infective component. (whether viral or bacterial)
So,either it could be due to some allergy or might be gastric reflux which are possibly not contagious.
Here,I can understand the you are much concerned about your daughter who is taking chemotherapy treatment and she should not get exposed any kind of infection from you.
However,it is highly unlikely that your sore throat may get spread to her but it would be better to put handkerchief or hand whenever you cough for a safer side.
Otherwise there is NO need to worry.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pistachios causing sore throat
- Sore throat for 4 months painful gerd or stress
- Mebeverine cause sore throat
- Sore throat causes miscarriage
- Sore throat caused by sunburn
- Listerine causes a sore throat
- Sore throat cause of tragus
- Meth causes sore throats
- Will a goiter cause a sore throat
- Costochondritis cause sore throat
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?