Can stress cause neck spasms?
Possible movement disorder
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.
The symptoms of the query are highly suggestive of a problem called movement disorder.
First, your shoulder issue. One shoulder higher than the other. It's likely to be trapezitis. The most likely cause is often stress. So you need to change the lifestyle. And try to reduce the stress.
Second, the issue with the neck. The symptoms are suggesting possible tics. They are sudden jerks that can be partly controlled and return more exaggerated than before and increase with stress.
I am going to need more description of the lip problem. I mean do you do it yourself or does it happen on its own?
If it's happening on its own, it is also likely to be a tic. If however you do it on your own, you need to stop the practice.
You will need to meet a Neurologist for botox injections. They should be able to afford you lasting improvement while the effects last.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. Feel free to contact me on the subject if you need any further information.
Best of luck. Dr Mittal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the possible reasons for tingling and numbness in my left arm?
- What does dark smelly stools when suffering from diabetes indicate?
- Can I take Ganaton, Motilium and Neksium for severe stomach pain?
- What can cause bumps around my foreskin and why am I having electric...
- Is low testosterone and high TSH related to anterior pituitary gland...
- What is the cure for dementia, high cholesterol and macular degeneration...
- Is pain pump a good solution for burning pain after colonoscopy while...
- Suggest treatment for hyperthyroidism
- Is it safe to consume whisky while taking insulin for diabetes?
- Are there any alternatives to benzodiazepine drugs to control anxiety?