Can someone with sinusitis have breath that smells like ammonia?
Please do not worry.
I have gone through your question and understand your concern. Let me assure you and insist you not to panic. I do not suppose that you need to worry about renal failure.
Sinusitis is an infection of sinuses, the air pockets contained in our skull. It is most often caused due to viral although occasionally there is a superadded bacterial infection present. Antibiotics or any other medicines cannot reach the sinuses properly and sinuses have a poor blood supply. Antibiotics may relieve the superadded bacterial infections, but the unresolved underlying infection may flare up subsequently. Taking steam inhalation can provide relief as it helps in opening up the openings of the sinuses that have been blocked by thickened mucus. Water in form of vapour will reach deep inside and will help in dilute the thickened mucus.
Take rest and plenty of fluids to drink. I hope that your appointment tomorrow would be rather reassuring.
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sinus pain and ammonia smell
- Fungal infection sinus ammonia smell
- Sinusitis ammonia smell
- Ammonia smell sinus treatment
- Ammonia smell with fungal sinusitis
- Smell ammonia sinus problem
- Strong ammonia smell with sinus infection
- Ammonia smell in nose sinus infection
- Fungus in sinus causing ammonia smell
- Sudden sinus pain smell of ammonia
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation