Can someone get lymphoma if CT scan shows enlarged lymph node on the spleen ?
Thanks for your query.
The dizziness when the head turned is probably due to vestibular apparatus defect which could have attained due to middle ear infection.It can be well controlled by medication for which she may have to be examined by a ENT for confirmation of the diagnosis and determining the dosage and the class of the drug suitable for the same.
Well the splenomegaly is a nonspecific clinical finding , it can be seen in various causes like thalassemia,visceral leishmaniasis (kala-azar),schistosomiasis,Malaria,,hairy cell leukemia,myelofibrosis,polycythemia vera,Gauchers disease,,sarcoidosis, lymphoma etc and you ruled out lymphoma by revealing the fact that there are no other lymph nodes anywhere in the body and the blood counts being normal ( except anemia = not significant ) .Hence, I do not consider lymphoma as a likely possibility here unless examined by a health professional for the lymph nodes.
Splenectomy ( removal of spleen ) is one treatment modality for such a presentation of spleen but a detailed clinical and laboratory work up has to be done to sort out the cause for the same.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Antibiotics for enlarged lymph node
- Enlarged lymph nodes in arm
- Ct scan enlarged lymph nodes
- Pathologically enlarged lymph nodes
- Costochondritis, enlarged lymph node
- Enlarged lymph node groin
- Enlarged lymph nodes with acromegaly
- Enlarged lymph node ct scan normal nodule on thyroid related
- Enlarged lymph node in shoulder
- Enlarged lymph node symptoms