Can smelly urine along with abdominal pain be a sign of an STD?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi I'm having a lot of belly aches. I eat and it gets mad at me even though it feels like I'm hungry. I feed it and a little later on i get the pain. Also, I've been noticing that my urine is smells really bad and it's not the basic odor. I've lost a ton of weight from picking up a virus in the Bahamas. I'm married and as far as I know we are both faithful. What can this be? Are there different issues here?
I have also lost a lot of weight. I used to be 140 to 145 pounds and know I'm 121.4. Instead of going back up I'm going down.
Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, two different issues..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic.. I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough..
Please note..

1. Yes there are two different systems involved.
Gastrointestinal and Urinary.

2. For belly aches, I feel it's the Gastritis or such simple things causing pain.

But, since you have a significant weight loss, please get an Ultrasound Abdomen scan..

3. Urine smell is related to Urinary tract infections.
Please get Urine Routine and Culture.
This will tell us if there is infection.

We can treat you, once the reports are out.

Hope this helps you..
Take care..