Can slight over dose of Crefalexin cause any adverse effects?

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I took two Crefalexin 500mg capsules instead of one. I didn't read the instructions properly.
Will this harm me? Thankyou for your reply.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Confirm the name of the medicine.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX

I presume you took Cefalexin 500 mg, Cefalexin contains Cephalexin which is an antibiotic prescribed for infections, a single time consumption of two tablets will not harm you, you need not worry.

Continue the full course of antibiotics as advised by your doctor.

Hope this answers your question, please feel free to write back to me if you have any doubts.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Kind regards.