Can sleep deprivation cause stress and bruxism?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: For Dr. XXXXXXX Bhavsar

Hope you will be fine. As sir you know all of my case history. thats why i am again and again sending you messages. But sir kindly reply me because its very much important for me.
as i am using the medicine Moxifloxacin 450 and voltic . now its 4th day and i am very much improved in case of throat pain. sir please give me answer of some of my question. As you know i have the fear of HIV. thats why i am feeling more stressed. But sir as i have told you form last 3 months i was fully normal and suddenly stress came. and i started teeth grindings and jaw tiredness. that why i am more in trouble because i have 2 years back read some article that stress is also a symptom of hiv.
now sir i have Neck tightness or back head pain from last 2 weeks. i just want the answer that , such type of throat pain or tonsils is the result of which type of infection?? and stress which i have was before and and after that i received this throat pain. and does these tonsilis are also symptoms of serious infections? and how can i differentiate between tonsil pain or lymp node pain?

Does less sleeping also can cause stress and teeth grinding?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, less sleeping can cause stress and teeth grinding.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Yes, I know all your history.
And I think all these symptoms are related to stress.
Stress causes low immunity and this can cause frequent infections like throat infection (tonsillitis).
And yes, less sleep can cause stress and all symptoms.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 8 hours later
Thanks for reply .. can u please identify what is the difference between a tonsil pain or some serious issue. and also sir still have pain that is less. i am in a fear that when i will leave medicine it will increase again. can u please tell me how much time it will take to normal.? and also does any one can have such problem?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry much

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
No need to worry much.
Pain from tonsils usually takes 5-7 days for complete recovery.
And there is nothing which can differentiate between tonsils pain and serious pain.
You need to get done ultrasound examination of neck and CBC for this.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 days later
Sir now this tonsil or throat pain is near about finished. means still when i drink water i have a little sensation in throat. a slight pain in ears and back of the ear sometimes i feel. but over all i have very much improved in this case.
But now sir i still have back of the head pain and tightness of full head. teeth grinding and some stress like feeling. And i also have too much stomach gass. i think the medicine for throat pain disturbed my stomach. and from 2 days i am feeling little feeling like vomiting but i dont have vomit .its not all the day but sometimes i feel from last 2 or 3 days. also low energy i am feeling. can you please explain whats going on with me.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yoi are mostly having antibiotic induced gastritis.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you are mostly having antibiotic induced gastritis.
Moxifloxacin I known તો cause gastritis. XXXXXXX gastritis is the cause for your symptoms like gas, nausea, vomiting sensation, altered stomach sensations etc.
So take proton pump inhibitors and prokinetic drugs. Avoid hot and spicy food. Avoid large meals, instead take frequent small meals.
For your teeth grinding, full head pain etc are mostly due to stress and sleep disturbances.
Please let me know
1. Do you feel recent change in your sleep pattern?
2. Are you dealing with added stress nowadays?
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 35 minutes later
sir basically from a long time i have a bad habbit of sleeping less. but such type of stress i have not faced before. i am trying to sleep more but from last 2 weeks such type of stress is i dont know what is the reason. headtightness and teeth grinding is giving me more stress.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I think it is high time for you to get done HIV testing.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
Since we are talking for long time (I guess 3-4 months), I think it is high time to get done HIV testing.
I know that you are concern about HIV infection since the beginning. So negative HIV report will be definitely subside all your stress and curiosity.
So I think you should definitely get done HIV testing now.
What is yours say on this?
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
sir its difficult for me. bcz when i dont have physical symptoms then it will ne easy for me to test.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You yourself saying that all your symptoms come under HIV symptoms list.

Detailed Answer:
How this is possible.
Everytime you yourself saying that all your symptoms come under HIV symptoms list. Then how can you deny about not having HIV symptoms?
I can't understand this.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Sir I just want to say that now at this time i dont feel that i am psychologically strong to do this test.
now sir i have permanent headache also jaw tiredness is there but tonsil pain is very less.
but today i was feeling a new problem i was feeling like low blood pressure . means my forehead was cold and i was feeling low energy. i dont know what is that. but i know i am not feeling well. kindly tell me is that due to to tonsils or stomach or any other problem. because i never felt such things before.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of migraine is more.

Detailed Answer:
No these symptoms are not related to stomach or tonsils.
By your history and description, possibility of migraine is more.
And most likely cause for migraine is poor sleeping habits and stress, anxiety.. Now tell me in simple 'yes or no'.
Will you be happy and stress free after seeing your HIV report as 'non reactive'?
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D