question-icon

Can skin shedding be cured?

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2012
Question: our son just finish whith strep throat. he is still under antibiotics. his hands and feet are completly shedding skin. it is hurting him at the point where the skin is meeting the nails because of how raw the skin has become. what is it and want can we do? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (3 hours later)
Hi Danpec,

The skin symptoms your child has could possibly be due to the streptococcus infection he had.It is very common presentation to have milder forms of Erysipelas or cellulitis, need not worry. If its not progressing or worsening then it surely means that it is getting cured as your child is on antibiotics for the same.

Do give him Multivitamin supplements which will help in regeneration of the affected skin and the nail cuticle.Consult your pediatrician for the dosage and course of giving him multivitamin.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Dr. Raju A.T