Can shivering chills be a reaction to anesthesia?
Normal reaction to anesthesia...
I am sorry for the situation you are in. At the same time, I hope colonoscopy resulted fine.
Now, what you are experiencing is related to anesthesia. It is a normal reaction. It should subside within couple of days. If no improvement, then, should call your doctor for further evaluation.
I advise to:
- keep warm
- consume warm drinks
All the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Anesthesia reaction after surgery
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Bad reaction to anesthesia
- Allergic reaction to epidural anesthesia
- Chills and shivering
- Skin reaction to anesthesia
- General anesthesia reactions dizzy spell
- Azithral reaction with anesthesia
- Psychotic reaction to general anesthesia
- Delayed reaction to anesthesia