Can semi-solid foods be given for a 4 month old infant?
He was 3 kg at birth and now 5.7kg. He wets 6-8 diapers a day and wakes up once or twice at night for feeding
Try formula feeding
Thanks for writing to us.
Thumb sucking always doesn't mean that baby is hungry.
Babies enjoy sucking as pleasure effect.
Can you give me more details
1. Birth weight and current weight
2. Number of times he passes urine per day
3. Is the sleep good in-between feeds?
If he is gaining weight normally with good urine output and sleep between feeds it indicates he is getting adequate milk.
In that case no need for other feeds.
If not, you can give
1. Formula feeds like similac.
2. Initial foods like cerelac, rice gruel, boiled apple, boiled vegetables.
Wishing your child good health.
The weight gain is within normal range at this age.
No reason to worry.
Continue breastfeeding exclusively till 6 months completion.
Start weaning foods like I mentioned at the end of six months.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Repeated passing semi solid motion after food
- Is semi solid motion bad
- Old pus semi solid
- Semi solid loose motions for 6 months
- Five month old semi solid poop
- What solid foods to introduce for 35 month old child
- Semi solid food like cerilac for infants
- Gastritis and semi solid stool
- 18 month old not interested in solid food any suggestion
- Passing semi solid stool after food intake