Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Can sarcoidosis spread from one person to another person and what is the treatment for the sarcoidosis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1201 Questions
I have noticed a breakout on my legs over the past several weeks My ex-wife has this disorder and a close friend also has it. Is sarcordosis able to be passed from person to another? What can I do to address this disorder?
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sarcoidosis not transmissible Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Sarcoidosis is not contagious, and therefore cannot be passed from person to person. It is probably auto-iimune in origin. It is difficult to know exactly the reason for your rash in the legs without examining it directly; at times, even scrapings from lesions may be needed to see if it is perhaps an infection; diabetes indeed puts you at higher risk for infections, including fungal A skin specialist (Dermatologist) could be your initial encounter Hope this helps, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor