Can rod in leg be removed when it causes pain and tenderness?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have met an accident in Sep 2012 and got factured my Tebia_left leg then went to sugery,doctor inserted rode that time.
for last one year I can walk and run easily.But have tenderness in screws in it.
Want to remove this rode,is it good idea?
for after how many day I would be able to walk and what are the chances of removal.
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is best to get it removed.

Detailed Answer:
If there is a pain and tenderness at the site of the screws then it is best to get the screws and the rod removed. Since your bone has healed well there should not be any problem. It is minor surgery.
You may have to rest for a week after the surgery and then you can resume your daily work.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal